Darwin Award nomination attempt

Stuff.co.nz reports

A man has suffered extensive burns after LPG from a cylinder he was using to light a cannabis pipe exploded in his face, police say.

Sergeant Paul Lee said emergency services were called to Clyde Street in Masterton about 12.50pm today.

On arrival, they found a 22-year-old man with burns to his face, arms, thigh and knee.

Lee said it appeared the man was “pre heating a pipe used for smoking cannabis” using a 9kg gas cylinder with a modified gas valve in the laundry of his home.

“He opened a valve, there was a pause, he then operates his cigarette lighter causing an explosion.”

If the man had died he would have been a nominee for the Darwin Awards.

My question today is, “If you ran a Darwin Awards for creationists, what would you call it?”

3 thoughts on “Darwin Award nomination attempt”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *